Monday, July 21, 2014

How can I point my domain name to my home server's IP?

How can I point my domain name to my home server's IP?


You will need to setup an A record for your domain name to point to your server's IP address.

Please note that you can only set up an A record for the domain if it’s using our default nameservers.

In order to set up an A (address) record for your domain please perform the following actions:


·         Sign in to your Namecheap account
·         Click on your username - it will be on the black bar located at the top of the page
·         Click Manage Domains and click on the domain you wish to set the A (address) record for
·         Click on All Host Records on the left
·         Enter your IP address for both WWW and @ fields and choose the record type as A (Address).




·         Click Save changes


Normally the changes should take effect within minutes.

If you have a dynamic IP address you can use our Dynamic DNS feature, for more info please see the articles here: 
Dynamic DNS

No comments:

Post a Comment